Ans: Lumiere Brothers.
2. The first indigenous colour film was Ardashir Irani’s ______________ it was made in 1937.
Ans: Kisan Kanya.
3. The first international co-production of an Indian Cinema was with Italy for making the film ________________.
Ans: Nala Damayanti
4. The only feature film made by the famous dancer Uday shankar was ________ It was made in 1948
5. The Indian maestro who was awarded the special Oscar for ‘Lifetime achievement’ was ________________________.
Ans: Satyajit Ray.
6. The first Hindi film to win the president’s Gold Medal was
Ans: Mirza Ghalib.
7. The first film in technicolour was ‘Jhansi Ki Rani’. It was made by ___________
Ans: Sohrab Modi
8. She is often described as the First Lady of the Hindi screen. She founded the Bombay Talkies with her husband Himanshu Raj . Her name is ___________
Ans: Devika Rani
9. In 1957, the film ____________ was nominated for an Oscar as best foreign language film.
Ans: Mother India.
10. The famous RK Films was launched in 1950 with the film ______________
11. He is remembered in Indian cinema as the brooding young man attempting to portray the changing social situation of the fifties.He made memorable films like ‘Pyaasa’ and’Kagaz ke Phool’. He was ____________
Ans: Guru Dutt
12. The first International Film Festival of India was held at Bombay in the Year ________________.