1.“Lay-up shot” is a term associated with which of the following games?
Volleyball,. Throwball, Basketball, Hand ball
2. Alexander the Great died in 323 B.C. in
Persia, Babylon, Macedonia, Taxila
3.Scientist associated with the food grain revoluation and also won the Nobel Prize for Peace is
Dr. M.S.Swaminathan, Dr.N.E.Borlaug, Dr. S Chandrashekar, Willy Brandt
4. The first Indian ruler who accepted Subsidiary Alliance offered by Lord Wellesley in 1798 was
Nawab of Oudh, Nizam of Hyderabad, Nawab of Carnatic, King of Mysore
5. Bats can sense obstacles because they produce
Supersonic sound waves, Ultrasonic sound waves, Infrasonic sound waves, Micro sound wave
6. Which of these is a modified underground stem?
Radish, Carrot, Sweet potato, Potato
7. Who has authored the book ‘Ceaser and Cleopatara’?
Shakespeare, Charles Dickens, George Bernard Shaw, Matthew Arnold
8. Which amendments to the Constitution provide for the reservation of one-third seats in the Municipial Boards and Village Panchayats for women?
73rd and 74th, 82nd and 83rd, 72nd and 73rd, 74th and 75th
9. In the electroplating of gold the electrolyte used is
Potassium Aurocyanide, Gold Chloride, Gold Sulphate, Gold Nitrate
10. The food conducting tissue of a plant is
Phloem, Xylem, Parenchyma, Collenchyma
11. Which of the following was the venue of the Commonwealth Games in 2006?
Manchester, Edmonton, Hamilton, Melbourne
12. In which of the following categories of crops are Rice and Bajra included?
Rabi, Kharif, Zaid, Plantation
13. Who was the recipient of David Dixon Award at the Commonwealth Games 2006?
Abhinav Bindra, Jeev Milkha Singh, Samresh Jung, Anju Bobby George
14. Who among the following cricketers has been named the ‘Leading Cricketer of the world ’ by ‘Wisden’ for 2005?
Adam Gilchrist, Andrew Flintoff, M.S Dhoni, Brain Lara
15. The Gupta King, who assumed the title of ‘Vikramaditya’ was
Skandgupta, Samudragupta, Chandragupta-!!, Kumarragupta
16. Radioactivity is caused due to
Unstable Nucleus, Unstable Electronic Configuration, Stable Nucleus, Stable Electronic Configuration
17. When the post of the President and Vice-President both are vacant, then who among the following officials as the President?
The Chief Justice of India, The Prime Minister, The Speaker of the Lok Sabha, Dy. Chairman of the Rajya sabha
18. The name of the Plastic polymer from which combs,toys,bowls etc are made is
Polyurethane, Polystyrene, Metallic Polysulphides, Polysulphide
19. The Delhi Sultan who fell to death while playing Polo, was
Qutubuddin Aibak, Alauddin Khilji, Feroz shaw Tughlaq, Ghiasuddin Tughlaq
20. The surface tension of water, on adding detergent to it
Increases, Decreases, Becomes zero, Shows no change
21. In the upper layer of the atmosphere, ozone is formed by
the action of U.V. rays on oxygen, the combination of oxygen molecules, subjecting to high pressure, the action of nitrogen on oxygen
22. If the Speaker of the Lok Sabha wishes to tender his resignation, then he has to address his letter to,
The Leader of the House, The president of India, The Dy..Speaker of the House, The Chairman of the Rajya sabha
23. Who was the Prime Minister of India when the Anti Defection Bill was passed?
IK. Gujral, H.D Deve Gowda, V.P Singh, A.B Vajpayee
24. Which of the following pairs is not currectly matched?
Partition of Bengal-1905, Foundation of Muslim League-1906, Surat Split-1907, Transfer of India’s capital from Calcutta to Delhi-1909
25. Which organ of the human body down the old RBCs and stores iron from them?
Kidney, Gall bladder, Pancreas, Spleen
26. Which of the following has the longest wavelength?
Ultraviolet radiation, Gamma radiation, Visible radiation, Infrared radiation
27. The book ‘Algebra of Infinite Justice’ was written by
M. Chandrashekhar, Nelson Mandela, Arundhati Roy, Aung San Suu Kyi
28. Which of the following types of forests is most widespread in India?
Mangrove, Thorn scrub, Tropical dry deciduous, Tropical wet evergreen
29. Which of the following days is celebrated as the ‘World Environment Day’?
April 7, May 5, June 5, July 7
30. What was India’s percentage shares in World export for the year 2005?
0.4%, 0.6%, 0.8%, 1.0%
Please provide answers of the above listed question asap. some of the possible answers are made bold . if you have answers of remaining pls post it as comment.