(A) The computer is a tool (B) The computer is a target
(C) Both (A) and (B) (D) Neither (A) nor (B)
2. Which of the following is not an operating system?
(A) Linux (B) Mozilla
(C) Macintosh (D) Windows
3. Statistical calculations and preparation of tables and graphs can be done using
(A) Adobe Photoshop (B) Excel
(C) Notepad (D) Power Point
4. Nod 32, Norton and Panda are
(A) Search engines (B) Operating Systems
(C) Antivirus software (D) Internet browsers
(A) Reaches out to the entire education cycle – preschool toddlers to post graduate students
(B) Delivers the core curriculum subjects at school and college levels as well as vocational and employability skills
(C) Empowers with IT education and IT enabled learning
(D) All of the above
6. Identify a web browser from the following
(A) Yahoo (B) Internet Explorer
(C) Bing (D) DuckDuckGo
7. Which is not a social networking site?
(A) Google Plus (B) Wink
(C) LinkedIn (D) Buzz
8. Which of the following is a wrong direction to guard against a ‘Phishing’ attack?
(A) Log on to a site by typing the proper URL in the address bar
(B) Ensure that the URL of the login page starts with http:// and not https://
(C) Give user id and password only at authenticated login page
(D) Look for the lock sign/icon and verisign certificate
9. Which of the following is not suitable for preparation of learning materials?
(A) NETLOG (B) ERIC
(C) PROQUEST (D) UTUBE
10. Nimbuz, Pidgin and Trillion are software used for
(A) Blogging (B) Chatting
(C) Surfing (D) All of the above
11. WWWW, in computer parlance, stands for
(A) World Wide Web Worm (B) World Wide Wildlife Web
(C) World Wide Women’s Web (D) World Wide Women’s Week
12. One kilobyte (KB) is equal to
(A) 1000 bytes (B) 1024 bytes
(C) 1024 bits (D) 1023 bytes
13. ICT (Information and Communication Technology) includes:
A) E-mail B) Internet
C) Educational TV D) All the above
14. Where was the first computer installed in India?
A) Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata
B) Indian Institute of Statistics, Delhi
C) Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
D) Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad
15. A network that links across metropolitan, regional and national boundaries is
A) MAN B) LAN C) WAN D) VAN
16. The Father of Modern Computer is:
A) Charles Babbage B) Blaize Pascal
C) Howard Icons D) Shanon
17. UNIX, DOS and Windows are examples of:
A) Application Programmes B) Operating Systems
C) Word Processing D) Commercial Computer Brands
18. Which is not a search engine?
A) Microsoft B) Alta Vista
C) Google D) Search Bug
19. The presentation package and slides are usually presented by:
A) Power Point B) Excel
C) MS Word D) All the above
20. What is the storage capacity of a single layered Blue Ray disc?
A) 80 GB B) 50 GB C) 10 GB D) 25 GB
21. What combination of short cut keys will you use to change a text in upper case to
lower case in MS Word?
A) Ctrl+L B) Shift+F3
C) Ctrl+Shift+A D) Shift+Alt+F5
22. Which Nobel Laureate is also known as the Father of Artificial Intelligence?
A) Herbert A. Simon B) Howard Aiken
C) Charles Babbage D) Alan Turing
23. The educational satellite EDUSAT was launched by ISRO, in:
A) September, 2002 B) September, 2004
C) September, 2005 D) September, 2001