In all most all competitive examinations questions are asked from current affairs section so it is important to keep ourself updated in this area . We ( PSC Questions and Carriers Blog ) attempt to bring current affairs in weekly manner to you.
If have any suggestion about this topic write and let us know about it. Your doubts and queries are welcome.
PSC Questions and Carriers Blog
Current Affairs this Week
- Delhi Government unveiled need-based development plan for villagers
- Unit 5 of RAPS became second longest running nuclear reactor of World
- Prime Minister of Australia, Tony Abbott visited India
- World Literacy Day observed across the world
- Arab League agreed to join global coalition to counter IS militants
- Harika Dronavalli won bronze in women Grand Prix chess
- Union HRD Minister Smriti Irani Inaugurated KRITI Exhibition - 2014
- Massive 100 million year old ancient extinct volcano discovered beneath Pacific Ocean
Serena Williams wins 3rd consecutive US Open ( New*)
Tennis Woman’s World number one Serena Williams lifted her 3rd consecutive US Open trophy as she joined the elite club of Tennis legends Chris Evert and Martina Navratilova on 18 Grand Slam titles. In the Women’s Singles finals at US Open, the US Tennis Star Serena Williams defeated Caroline Wozniazki of Denmark in straight sets, 6-3, 6-3 to secure a record-equalling sixth US Open title.
Also, the 32-year-old Serena Williams also surpassed Briton Virginia Wade to become the second oldest Grand Slam winner after Navratilova, who had won Wimbledon in 1990 aged 33.