Friday, April 8, 2016
A BOOK ON IT & CYBERLAW WITH MODEL QUESTIONS
1. Who coined the term computer virus?
a) Frederick Cohen
b) William Gibson
c) John Von Neumann
d) Charles Babbage
Frederick Cohen is an American Computer Scientist and best known as inventor of computer virus defense techniques.
2. Operating system is a type of
a) Application software
b) Utility software
c) System software
d) None of these
System software is a type of computer program that is designed to run a computer’s hardware and application program. An Operating system acts as an interface between used and hardware
3. What is the expansion of the term ASCII
a) American security code for information Interchange
b) American scientific code for information Interchange
c) American Standard Code for Interchange information
d) American Standard Code for Information Interchange
ASCII is a character encoding scheme use in computer. ASCII uses 7 bit or 8 bit to represent character.
4. Attempt to acquire sensitive information such as passwords and credit card details by masquerading as a trustworthy entity.
d) None of these
Phishing is a cybercrime carried out by email spoofing.
5. Process of ‘knowledge discovery in databases' is
a) Data tuning
b) Data Diddling
c) Data Fragmentation
d) Data Mining
Data mining is the extraction of patterns and knowledge from large amount of data.
6. Finding and removal of errors in a computer program is
Debugging is the process of finding and resolving defects that prevent correct operation of a computer software error in a computer program is also called as Bug or Glitch.
7. The activity of creating sectors and trackers on a hard disk is called.
b) De fragmentation
Formatting is the process of preparing a data storage device to store data.
8. Protocol use to transfer files between computer
FTP (file transfer protocol).
9. The term ‘Move to chest’ related with
a) Operating system
b) MS Office
d) Anti Virus
Anti Virus is a computer program used to detect and remove malware ( Malicious Software ) including VIRUS , Trojan Horse and Worms.
10. Which company developed the first Micro processor?
Intel developed the first Micro processer named Intel 4004 in 1971. Intel 4004 was a 4-bit Microprocessor. Microprocessor is the alternate name used for CPU.
1. Who coined the term ‘cyber space’?
a) Tim Berners lee
b) William Gibson
c) Ray Tomlinson
d) Dennis Ritchie
Cyberspace is the virtual space created by interconnected computer and computer networks on the internet. William Gibson coined this term in his novel ‘ Neuromancer ‘ published in 1984.
2. Which is the latest version of Android ?
a) Jelly bean
b) Ice-cream sandwich
Marshmallow ( Android 6.0 ) is the latest version unveiled in May 2015.
3. What is the full form of EBCDIC?
a) Extended Binary Coded Decimal Interchange Code
b) Expanded Binary Coded Decimal Interchange Code
c) Enlarged Binary Coded Decimal Interchange Code
d) Enclosed Binary Coded Decimal Interchange Code
EBCDIC is a character representation standard for alphabetic and numeric characters. It is developed by IBM.
4. Changing data before or during entry in to computer system is called
c) Data mining
d) Data diddling
Data Diddling also called false Data entry is the un authorized changing of data eg: forging or counterfeiting documents.
5. Which of the following application can be used to store Data efficiently in a computer system?
a) Dream weaver
b) Page maker
c) MS out look
Answer: (d) oracle
6. Errors in a program revealed at the time of compilation is
a) Logic errors
b) Runtime errors
c) Syntax errors
d) None of these
Syntax errors are in a due to violation of rules prescribed in a computer language.
7. Which technology is used in compact disc?
c) Electro magnetic
LASER (Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation). Usually red colored laser beams are used.
8. Which protocol is called the back bone of Internet
TCP (transmission control protocol)
9. A security system that controls incoming and outgoing network traffic based on a set of rule is
a) Anti Virus
d) Burglar Alarm
Firewall is a network security system implemented as either hardware or software.
10. Which of the following institution is credited with the development of WWW?
c) Bell Labs
CERN is the European Organization for Nuclear research that operates the largest particle physics laboratory .WWW is invented by Tim Berners Lee. The computer ‘Next Cube ‘ used by Tim Berners Lee at CERN became the first Web Server.
For the complete set of 1000 Questions & Answers with explanation Please make a call to 9947911861
Disclaimer : Blog Policies
This blog publishes various general knowledge. errors and omissions expected. The Knowledge documents in this blog meant only to increase the general of the readers. If any of the information available on this blog violates or infringes any of your copyright protection, leave a comment . This blog makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, correctness or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, or delays in this information. The information contained in this blog is subject to change without notice. You may use contents in this blog only for personal use. Reproduction and republishing of any contents from here to any other websites or blogs is strictly prohibited.